Re: make install to $DESTDIR instead of /

Hallo Jan,

> See if "%makeinstall" works for you (i.s.o. "make install").  Its purpose is
> to redefine bindir etc. when calling "make install" to paths within the
> buildroot and it works with most configure-based packages.

 Apart from studying the SUSE SPEC file on which I based my rpm I also had
a look at the Mandrake SPEC file. They use %makeinstall as well, but I
falsely assumed that is a Mandrake specific macro. Had I studied my own
libmhash rpm I built a couple of months ago I would have noticed my
mistake.

 Anyway, %makeinstall indeed does the trick. Dankjewel.

Bye,
Leonard.