Re: Forcing package verification before installation

--- Goulet Walter-CWG009 <Walter.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Is there any way that RPM can be configured so that
> it requires package
> files to successfully verify prior to installation?
>
> I'd like to be able to only install digitally
> signed/verified RPM packages
> on a system such that if you attempt to install an
> unsigned RPM file with
> 'rpm -i' it will fail.
I don't think you can force it - user have to be root
to be able install rpm, so he will be able undo
everything you do for protection.
If you mind not force it, but only provide
convinience, what about wrapper, i.e create script

#!/bin/sh

<verification-and-what-you-want>
/bin/rpm.orig

Valery