From: John Newbigin [mailto:jn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 10:18 PM
To: rpm-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: timezone for changelog entries

I have come across a problem which I think is related to timezone
issues.  Basically the datestamps on changelog entries are different
depending on the current timezone.  This is not necessarily a problem
but when I build an RPM is the timezone taken into account then as well?

If the same spec file is used to build rpm on 2 machines in different
timezones, will the changelog for each one be the same?

If these rpms are then installed on the other machine, does it compound
the time difference?  This appears to be what is happening, giving me a
3 day spread of changes.  (In one case, the spec file has May 29.  One
machine shows me May 28 and another shown May 30).

Can anyone clear up how this works.

John.

--
Information Technology Innovation Group