Re: Proper freeing of memory

On Dec 1, 2003, at 1:14 PM, Jeff Johnson wrote:

Cory 'G' Watson wrote:
definitely lost: 9 bytes  in 1 blocks.
still reachable: 32629 bytes in 1589.

9 bytes is hardly the end of the world. For example, there are leaks in glibc at least that big, and the
popt API forces reallocation of args. Hard to say more w/o line numbers.

9 I can live with, but the still reachable worried me some.

rpm-4.0.4 is already end-of-life, at least for development. The code was pretty squeaky clean, but that was
using mtrace() in glibc, not valgrind, when I last looked for leaks in rpm-4.0.4 several years ago.

Yeah, I figured such. Thanks for the confirmation.

Cory 'G' Watson
http://www.loggerithim.org

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." - Dr. John Paul Stapp