Re: Rebuilding the database from scratch ??

27-nov-03

Hello Andre:

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately it didn't work in my case. when I overwrote glibc-common, it errored on setting up links. I then tried overwriting glibc itself from the other machine and this rendered the machine unusable.

The problem may have been that the glibc version on the laptop I had used originally was glibc...i686 and the other machine had glibc...i386, as was glibc-common. This is probably what confused the link situation.

Anyway, I've reloaded the O.S. and will try the upgrade again, but in this case I'll do a

'rpm -Fvh glibc...i686 glibc-common...i386 glibc-devel...i386' and see how that goes.

Brgds

Bob