Re: Problems with find-requires

On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 18:00, Eric-Olivier Lamey wrote:
>   Hi,
>   I am trying to build a RPM package without the automatic detection of
>   the required libraries. I looked in the documentation and I tried to
>   change the __find_requires macro but I can't get it to work.
>   I tried to put:
>     %__find_requires /bin/echo
>   both in the spec file and in ~/.rpmmacros, but the 'Requires' part
>   is still added. Th weird thing is that it does the same thing if
>   I remove /usr/lib/rpm/{redhat}/find-requires.
>   Does anyone have an idea ?

If you just want to disable the automatic detection then just add this
to the spec:
AutoReq: 0
Similarly to disable automatic provides you can use "AutoProv: 0"

Using custom %__find_requires is mostly interesting when you want to
*change* what gets collected as requires, though defining it to {nil} or
: should do the trick as well I think.

	- Panu -