Re: building packages from binaries

IMHO, the src is not necessary. You just need to prepare a spec file
which will put the binaries into the right place under %{buildroot} in
the build section.

Then rpmbuild -bb name.spec will get your the binary package.

One more point, if the installation is OS dependent, it is better to
prepare the src package just as the other post suggested.

Good luck.

Liguo (Leo)