rpm4.2.1, fedora, and --prefix/--relocate

Just pulled down fedora, to test our software installation suite, and find that it ships with rpm 4.2.1, which seems to have --relocate/--prefix really really broken (segfaults every time). Bugzilla is chock full of reports, all closed with answers like "4.2.1 is broke"

Is there a test/new release of RPM i should be using that supports --prefix/--relocate?

Or alternatively, how wise and succesful can a fella be downgrading RPM? Bottom line is that I'd like to continue using RPM for our software installs, we require --prefix functionality, and I need to be able to install on fedora, so any suggestions are appreciated!

-Matthew

--
Matthew Boeckman			(816) 777-2160
Manager - Systems Integration		Saepio Technologies