Thank you for your reply.

I've got RH:
***********************************
Linux version 2.6.9-55.0.9.ELsmp (brewbuilder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) (gcc version 3.4.6 20060404 (Red Hat 3.4.6-8)) #1 SMP Tue Sep 25 02:17:24 EDT 2007
***********************************

Sound card is bild-in mother-board of notbook (DELL D630). I tried lspci command:

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 02)
	Subsystem: Dell: Unknown device 01f9
	Memory at febfc000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
	Capabilities: <available only to root>

I have Windows XP installed on same PC. I checked in devices under Windows Control. It says:

*********      Sigma Tel High Definition Audio CODEC

Also I cheked modprobe.conf file, as you told me:

***************************************
alias eth0 tg3
alias scsi_hostadapter ata_piix
alias snd-card-0 snd-azx
options snd-card-0 index=0
install snd-azx /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-azx && /usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
remove snd-azx { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; }; /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-azx
alias usb-controller ehci-hcd
alias usb-controller1 uhci-hcd
options lockd nlm_udpport=4002 nlm_tcpport=4002

Do you think it possible to fix this?

Cheers,
Sergey.