Creative es1373 audio PCI 128 problem

128 Sound Card. CT5806 is a num physically on the card and the chip itself
reads: es1373. The chip is made by Creative technologies.

_Problem:_
When I play a CD there is a FAINT SCRATCHY SOUND, and I can't hear any other
system sounds at all. I have tried the configuration techniques listed in
the RedHat General Knowledge Database under the topic: "_How do I get sound
to work with Linux?_". And I have referenced my RH Linux 9 bible, but nothing works.

_Question:_
Is this card even compatible with Red Hat? If so what can I do to get it to work?

_Other info:_
Sndconfig auto configs my card as a Creative/Esoniq es1371. My /etc/modules.conf file reads(this is the whole file):

alias eth0 8139too
alias usb-controller usb-uhci
alias sound-slot-0 es1371
post-install sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L
&gt;/dev/null 2&gt;&amp;1 || :
pre-remove sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -S &gt;/dev/null
2&gt;&amp;1 || :

Any help would be much apreciated. Thanks for your time in advance, mp. (YES, Everything is connected properly, and it works fine when I boot into windows 2000 which is on a seperate hardisk.)