Re: trouble with AC'97 sound chip not playing sounds atcorrect volume and not using bass speaker

On Sat, 2003-08-09 at 18:45, Bob McClure Jr wrote:

> Could it be the speakers?  My wife bought a $50 Altec-Lansing 2.1
> speaker set from Staples, and less than a month later, the bass
> speaker developed hum and no output.  I could wiggle the cable from
> the bass to the main, near the main speaker and it came and went.  The
> problem was not at the connector end.  I took it back to Staples and
> exchanged it for a similar set from Creative.  Same price, more power.
> And hopefully it will last longer.
>
> Cheers,

no, it isn't the speakers (at least in my case), it's definately the
chip on the motherboard. it's not specifically the AC'97 either-- I
believe it relates more to the i810_audio chipset.

at any rate, I have installed a Sound Blaster Live! Value card into my
workstation, and disabled the i810 in the bios, and my sound works
perfectly now. :)

regards,
|| Jeff MacDonald <jam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
|| Web: <http://zoidtechnologies.com/>
|| GPG: 1024D/35172A42

[Index of Archives]     [Sound Cards]     [Kernel]     [Red Hat Install]     [Drives]     [Red Hat Development]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Gimp Users]     [Yosemite Trails]