VIA82C686A / Athlon / RedHat 9

Hello!

This is my first message in this list.
Well...go to the problem...

I use a Athlon with Asus K7M with a Via Chipset with a onboard sound AC'97
(VIA82C686A), with RedHat 9.

Ok, the sndconfig woks ok, it's play de sample sound but all the time wich the
sound is up, I hear a small siren in background. All sounds be played, MIDI,
musics, etc., but... allways with this siren in background.

I will be crazy with this problem. This impossible for me works without music,
and if I turn ON....all works, but with the siren in background 8-P.

If help: I have this problem since RH6...I writing now because kick the
Windows from here since April/2003

More one thing: if anybody send me the via82cxxx_audio.c file I will
thankfull. I deleted it without want. Sorry Allan...

And....sorry for my english!!!

--
Adriano R G Laranjeira
São Bernardo do Campo - SP - Brasil