Esd problems on thin clients

Hi everybody

I'm trying to set up a thin client based system which uses Red Hat 8.0 and K2
ltsp. Everything works fine, except the sound.
		The sound system esd running on the clients to play the sound that comes
from applications running in the server. The problem is when I try to play
something in the client I use the Xmms (running in the server), the sound
playing begins and than the Xmms crashes. I've tried to use esdctl from the
workstation and it could communicate with  the thin client esd, but it has
frozen again when I've used esdplay -server=ip.of.my.server=16001.
	Does anybody have some suggestion ?
	I know it sounds like a thin client issue, but in the k12Os mailing list
nobody was able to give me some help. Then they told me to try the sound
mailing lists.

Thank you in advance

Leonardo Gonçalves de Ulhôa Jr.