[Sound] Help no sound w/ yamaha OLP-3-SAx

Please help. I am new and using RedHat 8.0 with latest updates, but sound card is not working, when finishng boot-up and after login, gives the follwing error:

Error while initializing the sound driver.

device /dev/dsp can't be opened (No such device)

The sound server will continue, using the null output device.

I see the following when running command "dmesg":

 isapnp: Scanning for PnP cards...
 isapnp: Card 'YAMAHA OPL-3-SAx Audio System'
 isapnp: 1 Plug & Play card detected total
 speakup: initialized device: /dev/synth, node (MAJOR 10, MINOR 25)

That's as far as I have been able to go, will appreciate any help you can give.

Best Regards,

Ignacio

[Index of Archives]     [Sound Cards]     [Kernel]     [Red Hat Install]     [Drives]     [Red Hat Development]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Gimp Users]     [Yosemite Trails]