Re: [Sound] problem with the mbr

On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 10:37:14PM -0800, krishna suku wrote:

> to whom ever it may concern,
>
>  i am using red hat linux version 8.0
>  and i am also using nortan antivirus
>
>  i has been giving me message that there is a virus
>   like activity while over writing the mbr.
>  the version of the norton antivirus is 2003
>  please help me
>
>        thanking u,

Norton is complaining because something has written to the MBR.  That
something is either LILO or GRUB, I presume.  If Norton can be
convinced to take a new snapshot of the MBR that will stop the yipe.
If not, you may need to tell Norton to ignore the MBR.

Cheers,
robertmcclure@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  http://www.cumbytel.com/~bobcatos/
Peace at any price is inflationary.

[Index of Archives]     [Sound Cards]     [Kernel]     [Red Hat Install]     [Drives]     [Red Hat Development]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Gimp Users]     [Yosemite Trails]