Re: [Sound] Audigy sound driver problem with installing.

Registering the the RHN through up2date is pretty simple.
After you install RedHat you will see a red ( if memory serves ) circle
at the bottom right of the screen. Just go into that and give it the info
that it needs. You can also go to the RHN website ( www.rhn.redhat.com)
 login, and search for the files you need. It has the new kernels for
Athlon,
i386, i586, i686.

Make sure that the Kernel files you have, are right for your computer.
ie- Athlon, i386, i586, i686. I havent had any experience in jumping
from one to another. I just keep the same as installed. May not be
the best/fastest for the computer, but I only have a few months of
experience.

Asfar as the packages you will need, I would just try and install it,
and if it comes up with a dependancy, than I would install/upgrade
just that package. And not try and install everything at once.
I havent had that much of a problem installing new kernels,
I have only had to have the new kernel, and the new source.
Sometimes the source will need somethings to go along with it,
but just see what it is, and add just that. Yet, if you have read
from this list of another way to update the kernel, than by
all means do it their way. Because like I said, I am not
that experienced with Linux.

Also, I would do a fresh install, and bring it up. And upgrade to the
kernel you wish to use, and install the source for the kernel. And than
I would start over with the Emu10k1 driver source. Remember when you
get to the point of typing the "make" command. You will need to copy and
rename that file I told you about. And than the driver should compile
properly.