----- Original Message -----
From: "Mirabella, Mathew J" <Mathew.Mirabella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 10:06 PM

> All.
>
> I have a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 PCI sound card.  Having probs
getting it to work under rh8.  A friend helped to upgrade my kernal to
2.4.20 with the appropriate modules for the audigy 2 included.  not sure why
this did not work.

> my set up is:
> installed rh8.0 from the cds.
> then applied all the updates from the i386 dir from updates.redhat.com...
except the kernel ones.
> i upgraded the kernel separately to 2.4.20.  as i said above.
> my installation has all the packages installed as well as all languages...
choosing Australian english as the default.
> intel P4 2.4Ghz 533MHz bus  with the intel 845PE chipset on a gigabyte
main board
> 512 Mb of DDR 333Mhz ram.
> nvidia geforce 4 64mb graphics card.
> there is an avance ac97 sound board on the main board which i have chosen
not to use.  rh8 did detect this as an intel sound device, but when i tried
to configure with sndconfigure it sounded pretty bad... i do want to use the
audigy 2.
> have not yet tried to disable the onboard sound on the bios...
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Mat.

[Index of Archives]     [Sound Cards]     [Kernel]     [Red Hat Install]     [Drives]     [Red Hat Development]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Gimp Users]     [Yosemite Trails]