[Sound] audigy 2 cards

All.

I have a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 PCI sound card.  Having probs getting it to work under rh8.  A friend helped to upgrade my kernal to 2.4.20 with the appropriate modules for the audigy 2 included.  not sure why this did not work.

my set up is:
installed rh8.0 from the cds.
then applied all the updates from the i386 dir from updates.redhat.com... except the kernel ones.
i upgraded the kernel separately to 2.4.20.  as i said above.
my installation has all the packages installed as well as all languages... choosing Australian english as the default.
intel P4 2.4Ghz 533MHz bus  with the intel 845PE chipset on a gigabyte main board
512 Mb of DDR 333Mhz ram.
nvidia geforce 4 64mb graphics card.
there is an avance ac97 sound board on the main board which i have chosen not to use.  rh8 did detect this as an intel sound device, but when i tried to configure with sndconfigure it sounded pretty bad... i do want to use the audigy 2.
have not yet tried to disable the onboard sound on the bios...

Any help would be appreciated.

Mat.

[Index of Archives]     [Sound Cards]     [Kernel]     [Red Hat Install]     [Drives]     [Red Hat Development]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Gimp Users]     [Yosemite Trails]