[Sound] ess1869 audio - how to add sb to modules.conf

Hi -

Earlier this week I got my ESS1869 running manually by running a modprobe
sb. I'm trying to get it running automatically as a loadable kernel module
by adding a line to modules.conf.

Everything I've tried has failed to load sb: "install sb", "modprobe sb",
etc.

Something else I don't understand is whether "alias xxxxxx yy" (in this case
(alias sound-card-slot0 sb) actually loads any drivers. The man pages don't
say so, bu of the dozen or so Internet pages I found, many mentioned that
the alias loads drivers". My modules.conf already has an alias
sound-card-slot0 sb but lsmod shows there is no sb running and that explains
why a modprobe sb makes things work.

My homework on the Internet didn't help. Who understands what to do here?

Thanks,

Chuck

[Index of Archives]     [Sound Cards]     [Kernel]     [Red Hat Install]     [Drives]     [Red Hat Development]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Gimp Users]     [Yosemite Trails]