Re: [Sound] AC97 codec ready in one computer and not ready in the other.

Hi...I had the same problem but I solved it by
recompiling my kernel. But before that, I replaced the
i810 and ac97 source files in the drivers/sound
directory with the ones from Mandrake 8.1
distribution. Now its working gr8. I downloaded the
latest kernel (2.4.20), but even it had the same
problem and was rectified only after the files were
replaced.
     This sounds a bit complicated, but if anyone
knows a simpler way to solve this problem, please
enlighten us!

                                  Bladus Tonius

Yahoo! Plus
For a better Internet experience
http://www.yahoo.co.uk/btoffer

[Index of Archives]     [Sound Cards]     [Kernel]     [Red Hat Install]     [Drives]     [Red Hat Development]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Gimp Users]     [Yosemite Trails]