[Sound] C-Media CMI8738 sound card for HP Vectra machine

I put a C-Media CMI8738 sound card in a HP Vectra
machine but it just hang when running sndconfig. This
card running perfectly in another Linux machine (same
RH version). The relevent lscpi -v result as follow:

00:0b.0 Multimedia audio controller: C-Media
Electronics Inc CM8738 (rev 10)
        Subsystem: C-Media Electronics Inc
CMI8738/C3DX PCI Audio Device
        Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 11
        I/O ports at f400 [size=256]
        Capabilities: [c0] Power Management version 2

Firstly, I doubt it is a IRQ conflict as the USB
controller also using IRQ 11, but when I put another
sound card into this HP Vectra machine, it run
perfectly. The relevent lscpi -v result for that sound
card is:
00:0b.0 Multimedia audio controller: Ensoniq 5880
AudioPCI (rev 02)
        Subsystem: Ensoniq Creative Sound Blaster
AudioPCI128
        Flags: bus master, slow devsel, latency 64,
IRQ 11
        I/O ports at fc40 [size=64]
        Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 1

Any idea?