Re: [Sound] please help a newbie, red hat 8 and cs4610

this is the error I get just from the ./configure
command so far

[root@xxx root]# cd /usr/src/alsa
[root@xxx alsa]# bunzip2 alsa-driver-*
[root@xxx alsa]# tar -xf alsa-driver-*
[root@xxx alsa]# cd alsa-driver-*
[root@xxx alsa-driver-0.5.12a]# ./configure
--with-cards=cs46xx --with-sequencer=yes
creating cache ./config.cache
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH

--- Steven Rubenstein <rubensteintrans@xxxxxxxxxxx>

http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa/cvs/alsa-driver/INSTALL

http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php3?company=Cirrus+Logic&card=CS4610&chip=CS4610&module=cs46xx

http://hardware.redhat.com/hcl/?pagename=details&hid=4305