Re: [Sound] sound weirdness in Redhat 8 - no sound,touch - voila; rinse, repeat

Looks like you're on the right track. That is, those lines in modules.conf load ("-L") and save ("-S") your aumix-minimal settings from/to a configuration file, I think .aumixrc. (I am using ALSA and don't have an .aumixrc file to be certain that is the name of the file.)

http://hardware.redhat.com/hcl/?pagename=details&hid=2837 says RedHat's
distribution supports Soundblaster 16.

All I can think is, look at /var/log/messages (usr/bin/redhat-logviewer) for any obvious messages.

SJR

Max Pyziur wrote:

> [as the saying goes, "snip"]

 > Until recently I was stuck on the 6.2 release w/ most of its upgrades
foregoing the 7.x ones.

 > Now, I'm running 8.0 on a machine built from spares and a few extras
(PIII 1.4, 1GB RAM, etc).  I'm using a Soundblaster 16 card (loads the
es1371 module).

 > [ the old "snip" again]

 > When I start up X and then some sound-related app - xmms or the CD
player, there's no sound.  When I bring up the Volume control app and
begin playing with  the drawbars - either the main one, pcm, or CD I
have sound and things work normally.  When I shutdown and reboot, the
same thing occurs - no sound, diddling w/ Volume Control brings it back.

 > Never had this problem w/ 6.2
 >
 > Any ideas on what I should touch/work on as far as configurations?

> [W]hat does
post-install sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L /dev/null 2>&1 || :

 > pre-remove sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -S
/dev/null 2>&1 || :

> in /etc/modules.conf do?

 > Much thanks!
 >
 > Max Pyziur
 > pyz@xxxxxxxxx

[Index of Archives]     [Sound Cards]     [Kernel]     [Red Hat Install]     [Drives]     [Red Hat Development]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Gimp Users]     [Yosemite Trails]