[Sound] Re: No sound at all - help needed

Lloyd Brady (lbrady@xxxxxxxxxxxx) said:
> I'm running Red hat 7.3, kernel 2.4.18-3, with an ESS Solo-1 (ess1969??)
> soundcard. Until recently I had been able to play audio on the pc, but not
> record through the line-in socket on the soundcard.
>
> After fiddling a bit to try to get the system to record, I installed and ran
> alsaconf, and selected what I though was the correct soundcard driver (but I
> think was mistaken). Since then I have had nothing but silence from Linux,
> and am in desperate need of some aural relief!

Make sure that 'alias sound-slot-0 esssolo1' is in /etc/modules.conf;
this should at least get playback to where it was before.

Bill

[Index of Archives]     [Sound Cards]     [Kernel]     [Red Hat Install]     [Drives]     [Red Hat Development]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Gimp Users]     [Yosemite Trails]