RE: i810_audio, RedHat 9, and Intel D850EMV2 mb

George said: (condensed)
"CD Player doesn't work until after I play a .wav file"

Alan said:
Actually what is probably the trouble is that the play command loads the
sound driver for you, and until its loaded your CD doesnt work.

I'm strongly of the opinion that *before* the USB probe Red Hat
initscripts should just do

>/dev/audio

That should fix it and the camera before sound card problem

Now George says:
Your diagnosis of the problem is correct.  I can see by lsmod that the play command causes the sound driver module to be loaded.  Putting the >/dev/audio line in /etc/rc.d/rc.local fixes my present problem.

I'm trying to figure out exactly what you mean by "before the USB probe" though.  Are you saying it really should go in /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit, say at line 170, right before the first usb stuff?

Thanks for sharing your expertise.

George Geller

[Index of Archives]     [Sound Cards]     [Kernel]     [Red Hat Install]     [Drives]     [Red Hat Development]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Gimp Users]     [Yosemite Trails]