Re: How to install Linux

There is a problem in this case when my Windows get corrupt and I install a fresh version of Windows then bootloader disapperas.What should I do to overcome this problem?

On 11/6/05, akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx < akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, Nov 06, 2005 at 07:29:01PM +0530, kumar gaurav wrote:
> What is best?
>
> 1.First to load Windows and then Linux and keep the boot loader in Windows
> Partition
> 2.First to load Windows and then Linux and keep the boot loader in Linux
> Partition
> 3.First to load Linux and then Windows(In this case there is problem that
> Windows want C: drive formatted in Fat or NTFS
There is a slight misunderstanding revealed in your message. The boot
loader  should always be put in block 0 of the disk which is not in
any partition. Understanding that the best thing is procedure 1.