Re: How to load Linux from GRUB?

Thanks, gents,

I tried 'fdisk -l' at the shell prompt, but it returns
nothing. I guess I am really hosed... :(

Luckily, I backed up most of my data, so it's not
really a great loss, except that I have to reinstall a
bunch of things. But since I had this problem, I am
not really sure what I had done is the proper way of
doing it. (Actually, it 'seemed' to be working all
right until I tried to add a partition on top of
dual-boot.) So, I am wondering if you can give me some
hints as to how to install dual-boot system with two
partitions on Windows side.

First, what's the best way to format and partition
from scratch? Should I install Windows first and then
Linux?

Second, I have to admit that I've used the hacked
version of PartitionMagic. Could this possibly a
problem? If I don't use PartitionMagic, how can I
partition?

I really appreciate your kind replies.

Regards,

--peter