Re: How to load Linux from GRUB?

    Did you do "fdisk -l" to see what partitions are on your disk? I'm not
sure what it meant when the rescue system said "You don't have any Linux
partition", but if it meant you really do have no partition with ID 83,
then apparently it really is all gone.  But if you had valuable data on
some other type of partition, or if there remain other partitions of type
83, with only the old root partition gone, you will probably be able to
keep intact still valuable partitions when you reinstall linux.  If
"fdisk -l" shows other partitions of type 83, mount them and look to
to see if you want to keep them.

Steven Yellin