Re: How to load Linux from GRUB?

Steven and Aaron,

Thanks for your kind replies. I tried what you've
suggested; however, I am afraid it's really screwed up
(unless I am doing something wrong). While trying to
run Rescue mode by pressing CONTINUE, I get the
following msg:

You don't have any Linux partition. Press return to
get a shell. The system will reboot automatically when
you exit from the shell.

Then I get this msg followed by a promt:

When finished please exit from the shell and your
system will reboot.
sh-3.00#

At the shell promt, I tried the following:

sh-3.00# ls
sh-3.00# cd mnt
sh-3.00# ls
runtime source

I can somehow get to mnt directory, but there are only
two directories, and there is no sysimage directory.

Am I missing something, or am I truely hosed? Do I
need to format the entire hard drive and reinstall?

Thank you for your help, in advance.

--peter