New users without home directories w/LDAP...

All:

Odd question...I've inherited a bunch of RH9 boxes, all of which use LDAP authentication. When a new user ssh's into a machine, the authentication works properly, but of course they don't have a home directory. Most of the machines complain about this, and end up dumping the user into /. One machine in particular does the right thing and creates the home directory for the user, sets baseline .bashrc, .login, etc. files (presumably from /etc/skel), configures X, etc. I'm trying to track down what process/script is actually doing the work here, so I can replicate the functionality on the other machines. Ideas? Thanks!

-Paul

--
Paul H. Yoshimune
paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx