Bringing a Second Drive Online--What's This?

Some months ago I installed a second drive. All looked reasonably well, but I
discovered that although BIOS knows it's there, Linux doesn't. I don't recall exactly
what I did, but somehow I got two label entries in the fstab file called PARTONE and PARTTWO, which I vaguely recall setting somehow to supposedly the two partitions I created on the new drive. Anyway, I now have the drive online and it is working satisfactorily; however, when I boot up, I see the world clean appear before the two PART... names. What's that about? How do I get rid of this? Maybe it's not necessary. There seems to be no problem otherwise.

            "I'm sure we all agree that we ought to love one another and
             I know there are people in the world that do not love their
             fellow human beings and I hate people like that." -- Tom Lehrer

                        Web Page: <home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews>