Closed: After an update som modules points to the old kernel

Hi There

Michael wrote:
> Next problem, How do i get the "vmlinuz-2.4.20-31.9" file onto the
> disk, when the machine doesn't have network, floppy or cdrom loadable.

I don't know yet where exactly your boot-image/bootdisk is located and
how you use vmware to boot Fedora Core.

And Michael wrote:
Perhaps 'man mkbootdisk' will tell you what you want.

I did run into a some problems that seems to be no end to. As i
understand it, i had to have the old /lib/modules/old kernel, otherwise
i couldn't correct the path.

So i simply reinstalled.

Now i just have to figure which option to use when installing the
kernel(rpm -i isn't the one).

I can't find the how to's on redhat pages any more. And a lot of pages
on www describes this, but from source build, where they just run a
script building the modules.

When i figure it out, i will use mkbootdisk to update my bootdisk,
thanks

Have a nice day

Henrik