RedHat 9 Peer2Peer Network

Hi all,

Right now I'm willing to try just about anything short of a hammer to get
telnet working on my LAN at home.

There is no switch/hub, so that should not be an issue.

I've configured xinetd to allow for telnet and have my /etc/hosts configured
for a priavate network with static IP addresses.

/etc/host.conf reads:
order hosts, bind

/etc/hosts.allow reads:
ALL: 192.168.0.

/etc/hosts.deny is empty

/etc/xinetd.d/telnet reads:
service telnet
{
        flags                   =       REUSE
        socket_type     =       stream
        wait                    =       no
        user                    =       root
        server          =       /usr/sbin/in.telnetd
        log_on_failure  +=      USERID
        disable         =       no
}

Ping works beutifully, so the network is there and the machines can see
eachother. The way I understand it, I should now be able to use telnet.

I've also tried setting xinetd to allow fo ftp and rlogin. But all of them
report that the connection is refused, or something to that effect.

I can only assume that this is some kind of permission problem, but I'm not at
all sure of that. If any of you know of something that I'm missing, please be
so kind as to trow this poor sod a bone.

Thanks,
Dirk.