Re: Redhat 9 Hangs

Saravana Kumar <tuxkumar <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> Craig,
> If it the problem with the RAM then why the messages say bad swap file
> entry. Is it because it can't page the file back & forth with RAM.
>
> I will check will the vendor and try to get a new RAM.

To follow up, atlast 2 days back a person from HP came to diagonise the
problem. And in the midst the system started giving odd messages. When i try
to copy files(600M) from one partition(drive to drive) to another, I get
messages like,
Error:......
Call Trace:.....
[some memlocation] scsi_iocompletion 0x185
ahd_run_qoutfifo 0xd0
rw_intr 0x75
scsi_bottom_half_handler 0x1f
bh_action 0x55
tasklet_hi_action 0x67
do_soft_irq 0xd9
do_irq 0xfb
default_idle 0x0
default_idle 0x0
call_do_irq 0x5
default_idle 0x0
default_idle 0x9
default_idle 0x29
cpu_idle 0x42
stext 0x0
CodeL Bad EIP value.
<0>kernel panic. Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
In interrupt handler - not syncing.

And the system hangs. I have nothing in logs. I typed the whole message and
each line had different mem location.
As i doubted the RAM, he said he will replace the RAM with a new one. Today i
got a new RAM from them. But still the problem persists. Then i downloaded all
available s/ws ZCR driver, health driver etc. from their site and reinstalled
the OS again. Still not working. Still memtest86 fails with the RAM.

What may be the possible problem?
Any ideas?

thanks,
SK