Migrating Shrike to 2.6 kernels

Most things work fine, module problems arise.

The 2.6.6 kernel complains that QM_MODULES is not supported, and does not appear in the 2.6.6 source tree.  It does appear in the 2.4.25 tree, and in the executables
/sbin/depmod
/sbin/insmod.static
/sbin/insmod
/sbin/busybox
/sbin/busybox.anaconda
/usr/bin/strace

I figure I must either put QM_MODULES back into 2.6.6 (unlikely) or get new copies of various utilities tailored for 2.6.x including at least the above tools.

I've browsed various sites for different kernel versions, a canonical declaration of what one must do to migrate 2.4.x to 2.6.x has escaped my notice.

Clues and pointers begged piteously.

Brian Brunner
brian.t.brunner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(610)796-5838