Re: usb driver installation: is reboot required?

Is your programmer a Windows programmer?

As long as the driver is compiled as a module, and not directly into the
kernel, you should be able to rmmod the old version, put the new version
into the right location, and then insmod the new version, or modprobe it.

That isn't to say that it absolutely, positively, 100% will work, but it
works for most modules.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS
telnet://dogpound2.citadel.org or http://dogpound2.citadel.org:2000

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit
message to:

site-update-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

with a message of:

subscribe