RE: The Tao of Time (RFI)

I am the (humble) maker of this *nix box.
I don't know the destination TZ of any particular board shipped
from the factory.

Only the (non-*nix) startup personnel know exactly where in the
world they are.  'timeconfig' is simple enough for me, but these
guys are leery of a putty/bash shell.  I think perhaps the optimal
compromise will be timeconfig. (Thanks Aj)

Brian Brunner
brian.t.brunner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(610)796-5838

>>> "Bell, David I." <David_I_Bell@xxxxxxxxxx> 04/12/04 02:32PM >>>
Hi Brian,

Is the application being installed on an existing *nix box?  If so, can you
assume that the TZ referenced by /etc/localtime is already correct?
Therefore, can you just source /etc/localtime (e.g. . /etc/localtime) into
your startup script and declare victory?

-- David

David I. Bell | Intuit Technical Education | direct 650-944-5082

the system manager.