Re: VDQ : re-aim up2date after April 30??

On Saturday 10 April 2004 12:00, Bear Tooth <beartooth@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is there a way to re-aim what server up2date goes to -- and is there
> some public benefactor running one that will still give updates,
> bugfixes, security patches, et hoc genus omne -- after RH ceases to
> support shrike?

Fedora Legacy (http://www.fedoralegacy.org) will support RH9 once its
support ends. You will want apt or yum -- also available on that site --
to access their repositories. Those programs are comparable to up2date.
The Fedora Core version of up2date supports apt/yum repositories, but not
the Shrike version.

As an alternative to the volunteer effort, there is Progeny
(http://www.progeny.com) who will also support RH9 for a fee. To confuse
matters, Party Updates (http://www.party-updates.net) takes Progeny's
backport SRPMs, rebuilds them and makes them available for free via yum.

None of these services are offering RH9 until it reaches EOL. I believe
Freshrpms.net has been offering RH9 updates via yum/apt for some time.

Chris