Re: Apache Benchmark - static HTML Results Question

> Isn't this _slow_??? I mean, look at the numbers and the difference
> in specs between the server and my laptop!
>
> In the article, the writer uses a 2x3.2GHz Xeon and gets up to 4730
> requests/sec!!
>
> Can anyone tell me if I'm benchmarking it wrongly or something else
> is happening??

-c 1000 spawns a lot of parallel work for both the client app and the
server, so you basically kill your performance context switching...

also the number of requests you do is equal to the number of threads so
each thread only does 1 request, with the result that that 1 request
gets the full setup hit of such a thread....