Re: System wide max passwd age?

Steven J. Yellin wrote:
    I've never done this, but
 useradd -D -e expire_date -f inactive_days
might do approximately what you want.

I finally got a chance to start playing around with this today. Yes, the information you provided combined with a reading of the following:
http://www.netsys.com/cgi-bin/display_article.cgi?1088

and I am close to accomplishing my goal. I now have the useradd program defaults set to my expiration requirements. And with the script provided at the link above, creating users should be even easier.

However, I'm still confused as to how to apply the password max age policy to existing users. I'm sure it's in the documentation, but I'm just not making the connection.

--
regards,

shane