Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 11:06:27 +0000
To: shrike-list@xxxxxxxxxx
From: Scott Taylor <scott.taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Resetting X Window

I downloaded the latest XFree86 RPM's from up2date, and now my settings are a bit screwed up...for instance:

1. The desktop is black and icons don't form properly, especially the workspace switcher which is no longer split into 4. You can therefore not switch between windows.
2. When using keys like backspace and arrows, you can no longer hold them down to move any distance. You have to hit them repeatedly.
3. When logging out, you no longer get the options to reboot, shutdown etc (although there is a later screen that does)

Seems like everything is acting a bit weird, and I did not keep a record of what RPM's were installed. I hope I do not have to reinstall my OS

Regards

Scott

Scott Taylor Financial Accounting Manager Cancer Research UK

61 Lincoln's Inn Fields
London WC2A 3PX

If you installed via up2date, you could check /var/log/up2date to see what was downloaded.

You might also have a look at your logs for X, to see if they tell you anything.

--
regards,

shane