Re: Evolution extremely slow printing HTML email

OK. I think I'm at a good stopping place and it's only a little after 3AM. It's now printing corrrectly and quickly.

Here's the rundown. I got rid of the chinese/taiwanese fonts. This left arial being rendered as arioso which is a very flowery cursive. I had to replace /usr/share/fonts/default/TrueType/arib____.ttf which is the arioso file with arialbd.ttf (cp arialbd.ttf arib____.ttf) and do the same with arial.ttf and arir____.ttf. Not sure what was going on here. ari?____.ttf was actually part of ttfonts.rpm which is not part of RH9. It may have come from the original 7.3 install or I may have added it at some time and don't remember. I deinstalled and reinstalled all the standard RH9 fonts, but none put fonts in that directory. I don't know why evolution specifically looks for arib____.ttf and at 3AM I'm not sure I care. :-0

So, Wolf, the gnome2.2 font selector, evolution 1.2.2, and the libgnomeprint that evo uses all seem to recognize fonts in /usr/share/fonts/default/TrueType.

When messing with this stuff, never forget to restart xfs!!!!

Linux font handling, at least as of RH9 is the pits!!!!!!!!

Oh well. I guess I did learn something. I'm just not sure what it was. ;-)

Thanks for the help!

-Steve