Brian Brunner
brian.t.brunner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(610)796-5838

From: "Brian T. Brunner" <brian.t.brunner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Sorry if I implied start then kill instead of kill then start,
> my intention was to show the order of kill for adipose/tissue
> and the order of start for mumble/foobar.
>
> The road to hell, they say, is paved with good intentions.
>
> I'd add "and lines of code, government forms, and pledges to
reform".

> Brian Brunner
> brian.t.brunner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> (610)796-5838

(Simple mnemonic - it actually runs in alphabetical order even though
that is not the way the script is written. I suppose that allows
things
the /etc/rc.d/rc<digit>.d directories.)

And be sure to get it right in the future unless a Microsoft death
comes after you to flay you to death with an array of soggy noodles.
(Well, it IS a Microsoft death squad to which I refer....)

{^_-}

> From: "Brian T. Brunner" <brian.t.brunner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> > /etc/rc.d/init.d (generally) has the star/stop/restart scripts in
> one
> > handy place.
> > This could be a symlink to
> > /user/local/sbin/clamd
> >
> > At the top of each such script there should be a few lines of
> comment
> > to help chkconfig
> > Those comments control how chkconfig will create symlinks in
> > /etc/rc.d/rc3.d
> > for how the service is stopped and started in runlevel 3, and
> > /etc/rc.d/rc4.d
> > for run level 4, etc for the other runlevels.
> >
> > What's in /etc/rc.d/rc3.d is just symlinks whose names control the
> > start/stop sequence.
> >
> > /etc/rc.d/rc goes through /etc/rc.d/rc`runlevel`.d/S* in numerical
> > order
> > S01mumble
> > executes for startup before
> > S02foobar
> > and
> > K01adipose
> > executes for shutdown before
> > K02tissue
>
> Quibble - kill first then start is the rule. You imply the other way
> around.
>
> {^_-}
>

> --

> are addressed. If you have received this email in error please
notify
> the system manager.
>
> This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept
> for the presence of computer viruses.
>
> www.hubbell.com - Hubbell Incorporated

the system manager.