Strange Problem with my Linux!

Hi,
I was using Red Hat Shrike Earlier until a few days
ago when I installed Fedora. I dont see much
difference so I am posting here:

I was doing some python programming on my terminals
and then suddenly my wireless connection with the
internet stopped working. I tried everything but in
vain. I also saw that the desktop background is pale
white. None of the background pictures that I had set
up are there.
Also, I tried to upgrade with the Fedora CDs but in
vain.
The problem is still there, my wireless connection is
not working although my card is fine, when the system
boots it shows me wifi0 up and eth0 up, all set.

I guess there is something wrong somewhere. How can
this happen?

Any ideas to fix my linux-fedora because I really dont
want to install it over again -- that sucks

Thanks
Dont