max file size limit

Hi group,

i am running MySQL 4.0 in redhat9. It there any limit for the max size of the file that it can handle. I read in some docs that the file size limit for MySQL is in TB. I want to know the max file size that the kernel can handle.

I am using 2.4.20-8smp kernel, with ext3 file system in all partitions.
debugfs shows block size is 4096(4K). AFAIK it can handle large files. The files i handle are >2G. its working fine.

But now there is more data to put into MySQL. Before doing that i wanted to ensure the file size limit so that i can keep my tables within the limit.

Anybody there handling MySQL in a large scale?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

SK