Re: ssh

Hi,

Don't know if this will solve your problem but I
went thru this misery trying to get a RH7.3 system
talking to an HP system without a password.

The solution I found was to root edit /etc/ssh/sshd_config
and change
#ChallengeResponseAuthentication yes
ChallengeResponseAuthentication no
and
#StrictMode yes
StrictMode no

Then I restarted the sshd daemon

Kathy Bieltz

Brian T. Brunner wrote:

I share your pain.

Having read all the documents I can find, and having applied all the tweaks this group has suggested, rsync *insists* on a password supplied to it from the keyboard
even when invoked from a shell script, and *refuses* to recognize key-based or password-based authorization (except for a password typed on a kbd).

I guess my name is 'cron' until ssh-for-dummies comes out.

Brian Brunner
brian.t.brunner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(610)796-5838

imencke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 03/09/04 12:33PM >>>

Hello,

yes I believe that is all set:

RSAAuthentication yes
PubkeyAuthentication yes
AuthorizedKeysFile      .ssh/authorized_keys

thanks,

ivo.