RE: ssh

Brian T. Brunner <mailto:brian.t.brunner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I share your pain.
>
> Having read all the documents I can find, and having applied all the
> tweaks this group has suggested, rsync *insists* on a password
> supplied to it from the keyboard even when invoked from a shell
> script, and *refuses* to recognize key-based or password-based
> authorization (except for a password typed on a kbd).
>
> I guess my name is 'cron' until ssh-for-dummies comes out.

I'm sure something similar to ssh for dummies or something similar to it is
available from http://www.oreilly.com

In the mean time... when you genereated the keys for your user account did
you enter a password for it?  If so then this is why it is asking for a
password.  There is no way around this except to not password protect your
account key (do this by just hitting carriage return for the password when
generating the key).  It's not very secure but many people do this anyway
out of necessity.

--
Michael St. Laurent
Hartwell Corporation