Re: pmfirewall? [solved]

Ajai Khattri wrote:

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, shane c branch wrote:

I just downloaded pmfirewall to install on my RH9 server. However, I am
not able to open the tar.gz file.

I did the following:

#gzip -dc filename.tar.gz | tar -xvf -

that usually extracts the file into a directory of the same name, but
i'm getting an error saying that the file is not in gzip format.

I also tried

#tar -zvxf filename.tar.gz

and had a similar failure.

I next suspect that the file i downloaded was corruped or incomplete but
downloading it a second time did not fix the problem.

What am I missing here?

Maybe you downloaded it in ASCII mode instead of binary?

It turned out to be a file size problem I used firefox to download the file over http first, then ftp. Both downloads resulted in the same size file.

This time I used command line ftp and the resulting download was a larger file, which opened without issue using
#gzip -dc filename | tar -xvf -

thanks for helping
--
regards,