RE: resolving problems....

On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 10:10, Carlos Mora wrote:
> Joe,
>
> I agree. It does not make sense to rebuild bind. But, I am at the end of my
> rope with this. I really need to get my machine up and running and don't
> know what else to check. Do you know how to put options in the resolv.conf
> file?

You didn't say exactly what your network configuration is like.
However, you did say you were running ipchains.  Just for a test you may
want to bring up your system without ipchains to see if there is some
problem with your rules.

I'm also assuming that you don't have another machine (even a Win one)
to compare networking results with....

--
"An opinion is like an asshole - everybody has one."
    - Clint Eastwood as Harry Callahan, The Dead Pool - 1988.