Re: upgrade to fedora from shrike

Jay Daniels said:
[tale of woe using apt-get to upgrade snipped]

> If anyone has RH 9 running like it should, I do not recommend upgrading to
> fedora at this time.  Fedora seems bugger than RH 9 and X seems slower.
> If you must upgrade to fedora core 1, burn the cds first or wait until a
> more stable release of fedora.

I think you will find some of your "bugs" are from using an unsupported
upgrade method.  I've fresh-installed a couple machines and used anaconda
via the CDs to upgrade a machine or two and I don't share your view that
FC is "bugger than RH 9 and X seems slower".

--
William Hooper